Short-term measurements for apartments and terraced houses
Short-term measurements never provide an annual average but are used to get an indication of the radon level before deciding your next step. This can be useful on occasions when there is no time for a long-term measurement, or to see the radon remediation work has had an effect.
Prepare and order your radon measurement:
- Measure for at least 7 days.
- Use a number of detectors that match what you want to measure. We recommend at least 2 detectors per apartment.
- If you have not already ordered your detectors, you can do so here.
There is also our calculator to help you figure out how many detectors you need.
How to place the detectors:
- The measurement starts as soon as you open the individual aluminium bag.
- Register the measurement on the Customer Portal where you fill in the detector number, start date and other measurement data.
- Place the detectors in bedrooms and living rooms:
- At least 25 cm from the floor, wall or ceiling.
- 1,5 metres from any air supply, front door or window, radiator or other heat source.
- At least 0.5 metres from an exhaust outlet
- Preferably hanging on a string from the ceiling or ceiling light or lying on a shelf.
- Live as usual during the measurement.
Register your measurement:
- In order to create a report for your radon measurements, we need some information from you. Fill in this information on the Customer Portal.
- Log in to your customer profile with your existing user details or create a new user profile.
- Choose between 2 options to register your measurements.
Register Manually: For those with less volumes of detectors. This can be done directly on your customer profile.
Register with Excel: Recommended for those with larger volumes of detectors, allowing for easier handling of details and data. Simply download the formatted Excel file by clicking "Import with Excel"
- Once your measurements are complete and you are ready to return your detectors, fill in the end date for each detector.
- If you have used an excel file, don’t forget to upload it once you are finished. We need this information to complete your results.
When the measurement is complete:
- Collect the detectors and record the end date on the Customer Portal.
- Send the detectors to us immediately when the measurement is finished. Find your nearest drop-off point here for free delivery back to us.
- You will receive your report by email within 2 days of receiving the detectors.
On the Customer Portal you can see all the measurements you have conducted and download the report in several different file formats. These include pdf, excel, csv, or rad format.